About Our SchoolAims and Values
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
SRB (Specialist Resource Base)
This is our school
Aims and Values
- That our school is a learning community in which all children and adults are continuously engaged in developing and extending their own learning.
- We value each individual within the school community, with positive relationships across the school based upon mutual support, respect and trust.
- We value everybody's right to learn and teach in a welcoming, safe, caring, well organised and stimulating school environment.
- We value the involvement of children, staff, governors, parents and carers in the decision making process of the school.
- We value high quality teaching and learning, to enable everyone to reach the highest levels of achievement of which they are capable in all aspects of their learning.
- We value creating enjoyable and worthwhile experiences for the children, which foster their delight in learning.
- We value equality of opportunity and regard for all, through the nurturing of positive self-esteem, determination and perseverance, developing these through encouragement, constructive feedback and appropriate target setting.
- We value independent learning, and aim to empower individuals to think for themselves and pursue and develop their learning interests within a structured and stimulating environment which encourages curiosity and persistence.
- We value the learning process for its own sake and encourage intrinsic motivation, so that individuals can take responsibility for, and control of their own learning throughout their lives.
To create a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which every child has the opportunity to reach the highest levels of achievement of which they are capable in all aspects of learning.
In order to do this we aim to:
- Create a welcoming and co-operative school community
- Foster the positive social and emotional development of each child
- Foster the children's self esteem and confidence
- Ensure that each child makes good progress
- Provide the children with teaching of high quality, and a broad and balanced curriculum
- Manage the available resources effectively and efficiently
- Provide a secure and enriching environment
- Provide opportunities that encourage children to work co-operatively
- Provide practical experiences
- Develop the children's awareness and sensitivity towards living things and the world in which we live
- Value each child for themselves
- Welcome parents and people from the local community
Our mission statement:
At Mile Cross Primary we are all 'working as one'. Working as one to Progress. Working as one to Achieve. Working as one to Care. Working as one to Excel.
Mile Cross Primary School is moving forward at a PACE!
'One step ahead'.