Mile Cross Primary School Communication Champion
Our aim as Communication Champions is to ensure:
- All staff receive basic training in understanding the importance of speech, language and communication.
- Classroom environments throughout the school support the continuing development of speech, language and communication skills.
- Teaching and learning activities are planned with a consideration of speech, language and communication needs.
- We work in partnership with parents to support the development of skills within the home as well as in school.
- We have clear systems in place to identify and support those children who have extra speech, language and communication needs.
- We work within our school community and across networks of schools to share and develop our practice and improve our provision.